Sunday, October 31, 2004

Trick-or-Treaters

For the first time I won't be passing out candy.

I'm having a new driveway put in, and it is blocked off. I really hate it when people stomp through my flower beds, and they do, even when the driveway is accessible.
We get literally hundreds of trick-or-treaters on my street in Cleveland Heights. Van loads from Cleveland and East Cleveland. Occasionally I will have one of my students or former students come to my door, and when I ask what brings them to my part of town, I'm told they come here because it is a safe neighborhood, and we give out lots of candy.

I normally have three different baskets of candy. Big candy bars for the kids who actually live on my street. Trick-or-treat size candy (Snickers, Reese's etc.) for kids in costumes, and gumballs and pixie stix for the teenagers and adults who come to the door with no costumes and a gimmme attitude.
It seems like each year there are more and more adults who just haven't been able to let go of the trick-or-treat thing. You'd think they would be embarrassed.

I don't chastise...that's not my place...I just wonder, raise an eyebrow, and hand them a pixie stick.

3 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Powerful blog. The site was incredible and will be
back again! Web surfing helps to find good blogs like
this one.
I want you to stop and compare with my temporary staffing
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
Please consider looking at my staffing services
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Enchanting blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! I peep the web for blogs just like this
one.
Check out the blog site with my pharmacy employement
in it!