Thursday, October 14, 2004

Cleveland's Future

Yesterday evening, I attended an event at Key Tower called the Connection Series with three of the Senior Class officers from Max Hayes. The evening involved networking, discussion, and a hands on activity creating a collage/mural. The topic was future visions of Cleveland, and the participants were Clevelanders with civic concerns and etrepreneural spirit.

I love being able to give my students the opportunity to interact with community leaders in activities where they are participants as opposed to observers.
I was so proud of them.
They dressed professionally, conversed easily and made a great impression. Although they were young, they did not seem out of place.

I felt just like a parent at a child's coming-out party. These kids have a very bright future ahead of them.


No comments: