Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Who Raised the Bar?

Sometimes it is not enough to do your best. Sometimes you have to do what is required.

My good friend and colleague, Richard Hart, has this phrase posted in his classroom, and I have heard him repeat it often over the years, to his young welding students, in his booming bass voice.

It is often too easy for any of us to excuse our half-assed attempts at a task, by using the pat "Well, I did my best." As teachers we often tell our students, "Just do your best."
The problem with doing our best, is that often we underestimate ourselves, we fail to raise our own bar, and sometimes our best doesn't cut it. Sometimes we need to do what is required, even if we need to push ourselves that much harder.

5 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your michigan jobs
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Striking blog. I liked the site I will be back
again! Websurfing is a good way to find blogs like
yours.
I will give you access to jump to my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Hot blog. When I get to seraching on the web for
blogs, its got to be like yours! And the site is off
the hook! I just kept coming back!
Please discover my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
as good as yours.
I'm looking at the possibility of checking your staffing services
blog.

Gordon said...

Just visited your blog, it's great. I have a jobs seeking website which is informative and you can find info of different job natures, hope that it will be useful in your job seeking