Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Regrets

Only 21 more days 'til school's out for summer. As much as I look forward to that first, blessed summer morning in June that I lie in bed and think about not getting up at 5 AM, I curse these last few weeks of year end reports.
Why, oh why did I cut that typing class in high school? In my youthful idiocy, I thought that particular act of rebellion would save me from a career of feminine servitude.
I didn't want to be a secretary, I wanted to have a secretary.

In college, I learned the art of negotiating trades.
With my sculptor's eye, I discovered that I was pretty good at cutting hair. I began bartering barbering for typing. All of my term papers were tapped out by poor, penniless, boys who liked short hair.

Now, I have nothing but envy for my colleagues whose fingers fly as fast as thought, for I shall be spending way too much time at my keyboard. Pity, I don't get paid by the hour.

I will try to pull myself away from my tasks to post a few thoughts here. They certainly will not be more than several words, for I will, most likely, be typed out.

5 comments:

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
I know that you love my work so, look up my staffing services
blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Creative blog. I just kept looking at it over and
over! Im always looking for blogs like this!
My michigan staffing
blog, is something you need to peep out!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
Go and find my blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Check out my staffing services
blog, you won't be sorry!

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Charming blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! When I get the time I look for blog like
this one.
I wish I was like you, but I'll go and peep your michigan pharmacy jobs
blog.