Thursday, April 08, 2004

Whooo Hooo!!!

"The three best things about being a teacher: June, July, and August."

That phrase was printed on a T-shirt somebody was wearing at an end-of-the-school-year union party at Fagan's in the Flats. This afternoon, while sipping a Guinness at the Harp, on Detroit, I smiled and celebrated the fourth best thing about teaching:

SPRING BREAK!!!!
WhoooHoooo!!!!!

My ten whole days of freedom to do whatever I please began today at precisely 2:30. So what does a wild woman like me have planned?
I'm going to clean out the basement, paint the upstairs bathroom, and shampoo the living room carpet.

ARGHHHHH!!!

I am so FREAKING pathetic. What happened to my life? At some point I was knocked into the sandtrap of the mundane. I've gotta get out.
I will make a resolution. Sometime during the next ten days, I will revisit the wild child of my past and do something interesting, something adventurous, and maybe something a little bit bad.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: